Portal Home > Knowledgebase > How-to > Seedboxes > FTP > Slow FTP speed - troubleshooting
Slow FTP speed - troubleshooting
Some clients report slow FTP speed, if you have such problem please read this article and follow instructions.
Firstly, if your download speed via FTP was good all the time and now suddenly you have got problems, we advise you to wait for a few hours and check again whether the problem still occurs. it might be a temporary problem on your ISP's side or on our DC's side. In such cases after some time everything comes back to normal.
However if your download speed has been slow for a long time or since the beginning of your service, please follow this procedure to verify and find a solution to the problem:
1. Download each file and check the speed with which they are downloaded, just click on the link and the downloading will start:
2. Go to speedtest.net and do a few tests with servers located in NL, 3 different locations should be enough. Don't choose default, i.e. the closest location. Those must be servers located in NL as our servers are also there.
3. Open a ticket describing the problem and providing some essential information:
- how long you've had the problem
- if you changed anything in your ftp client settings
- the speed with which you download the files in point 1. It's really important so please give the speed for each file
- the results form speedtest.net, it will let us work out if there is a problem with routing to NL or something else goes wrong
Don't worry, we'll certainly find a solution thanks to which you will be able to download fast from our servers.
Add to Favourites Print this Article